Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Have new Dell computer. want to install 8600 printer. put

Customer Question

have new Dell computer. want to install 8600 printer. put disk in processor, nothing happened. Expected INSTRUCTIONS to pop up on desktop to install. 8600 worked on previous dell comp. have windows 7.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: old comp 6 yrs. old in Dec. Inspiorian 560
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just got new Inspiron 3650 this week
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: pluged in USB nothing happened
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer sub model N911, N911a, or N911g, or N911n, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

- Instead of using the printer's CD disk, please click on the HP website below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---N9/4322916/model/4323651

, then there, download and install the "HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus/Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - N911a-n Full Feature Software and Driver", and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, after inserting the printer's CD disk to the new Dell computer, click on the yellow folder icon at the bottom, then click on option This PC on the left, then open the cd/dvd drive letter and if prompted, open the Setup... file, and install it, and check.

; (Or after inserting the disk, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and E on the computer's keyboard, then click on option This PC on the left, then open the cd/dvd drive letter and if prompted, open the Setup... file, and install it, and check.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Please let me know if you are stuck at any step, or if there is any error or message when trying my steps.

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer, so I can set up your printer on your new computer directly on your computer for you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,