Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

I can't get my safe open, forgot combination, sentry - at

Customer Question

I can't get my safe open, forgot combination
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: sentry - at least of 25 yrs
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: serial number - B375122
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It hadn't been locked for years, last week I was in the safe
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 18 days ago.

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here:

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.