Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Can we talk 1-on-1 online ...i have a persistant printer/fax

Customer Question

can we talk 1-on-1 online ...i have a persistant printer/fax problem that continues to plague me... i have tried to solve the issue on line several times with no success and i have replaced/exchanged my hp 3800 series printer/fax three times now and the problem still exists.. i need to talk directly 1-on-1 on line please ..thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is a model6830 the first two models were a 3812 finally last saturday a technition sent me the refurbished one i am using now .. it was set up yesterday wednesday oct 05,,, serial #TH554622J4
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: from the very beginning.. the first..second and third printer are all doing the same thing....unsuccessful faxes... and printer error turn your printer offf than on again...this has ben going on for over 6 weeks and three printers .. can we talk typing is difficult for me i am disabled
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes it may be something on this end.. i'm not sure my reports indicated power failure several times some faxes go through then some don't..however i always end up with the smae message on the scrip screen..."printer error....something is wrong with printer.. turn printer off than on again" the problem still exists.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, would the HP Officejet Pro 6830 print, scan and copy as expected?

Would the FAX issue be when sending? ...or when receiving? ...or both?

And is it connected to a regular 2-wire phone line? ...or through a VoIP system? ...or through an Internet service and/or is bundled with a DSL subscription?

Still, if the HP Officejet Pro 6830 can print, scan and copy as expected, then the issue would most likely be with the telephone connection and/or the quality of the telephone line/service.

Please have these checked by the phone company.