Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?

I installed windows 10 on my laptop and it wet haywire a

Customer Question

Hello. I installed windows 10 on my laptop and it wet haywire a after a bit. So I put windows & back on but am missing a lot of Programs like Visio and all my Adobe programming. is there a way to fix this?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a PCG-41216L and it is 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the last 3 moths I have started having problems. I tried getting the Backup. that didn't work. I had to take off Windows 10 and re install windows 7
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: and office 2007. but visio is not working also. I had added a blue Ray disk player and that is not working as well.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 21 days ago.

Windows 10 can cause a ton of problems. Drivers are the main problem, they don't exist for many devices. When you revert back to Windows 7, your programs will disappear, and you'll have to download them from their respective websites. You won't have to pay again with programs like Adobe, they keep your credentials on their server.

First, go to start, control panel, device manager. In the menu, select "scan for hardware changes". That will update all of your drivers.

Then you'll need to spend some time downloading the individual programs. I know this is time consuming, but it will need to be done to re-install your programs.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hello Rusty. Thank you.
Expert:  Rusty replied 21 days ago.

You are very welcome. Let me know if you run into trouble.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Still have some hardware that say they are missing drivers.
Expert:  Rusty replied 21 days ago.

Which ones? Whichever devices aren't working, you will need to go to the website for that device, and download the Windows 7 installer. Windows 7 doesn't stock all of the drivers, but Device Manager is a good start. Don't install third party drivers, make sure you're getting them from the manufacturer's website. If you have trouble finding one, give me the model number.

Expert:  Rusty replied 19 days ago.

Were you able to locate all of your drivers? Do you need help finding others?