Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a teac PD D700 cd player. The draw does not open..

Customer Question

I have a teac PD D700 cd player.
The draw does not open.. How do I open the draw.
Thanks,
Rich
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi Rich,

Does it just not respond, gives an error message, or makes odd noises, when you press the eject button?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Makes some noise as trying ... But no response to open
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for confirming, Rich.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)
There are a few things you can try:
First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.
If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.
Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Rich?