John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I have a Optoma HD20 Just changed the lamp carriage with

Customer Question

I have a Optoma HD20 Just changed the lamp carriage with new. When turned on the green light comes on blinking warming up. then the fan comes on the light just barely comes thru the lends. shuts down to stand-by, then it starts again, on the third try it just shuts down completely with the stand-by light on and the red light on. I cant get it to stay on long enough to reset the lamp.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is a Optoma home theater.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just replaced the carriage yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 19 days ago.

Can you please tell me exactly what the symptoms were before you replaced the Lamp cartridge - were they the same?

If so, then were there any catalysts that could have led to this (storm, power outage, etc.)?

If not, then where did you purchase this replacement lamp from please and for how much?