Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

How to open a safe found at yard sale. It is a sentry. Have

Customer Question

How to open a safe found at yard sale. It is a sentry. Have key but don't have combination
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the origianl/override code. For ownwership, you are simply writing out a letter attesting that you have purchased the safe and own it, you don't need a receipt or invoice.

You can get the form here: http://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.