John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have an optoma hd141x that flashes blue and purple led

Customer Question

hi! I have an optoma hd141x that flashes blue and purple led fault. I put a new bulb in it but no change. I know the new one works as I have two 141xs and tested the new bulb in both projectors. Any idea what this fault means or how to fix it? Thanks!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello Your Optima HD141X has 3 LED's, and according to it's specs, they can each flash *****, ***** OR RED. (No purple outlined anywhere).

So, I need to know which of the three are blinking and what colors they are blinking (On/Standby----Temp----Lamp).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know when you're able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi! I'll double check.. it's just the middle one though for sure....mainly blue but purple or maybe red but more purple... will double check right now though...
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Okay that sounds good, let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

I also need to know what the status of the On/Standby light is - whether it's Amber/Green or Flashing Amber or Green.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
stays pretty solid blue and then turns pink or purple... depends on the angle I look at it though... i guess it's not really flashing... but blue and sort of changes to pink/purple...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the standby l.e.d. is the one I'm looking at by the way... the other two leds do not light up at all...