crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

How to de-activate an iphone from at&t acc? iphone 5, i

Customer Question

how to de-activate an iphone from at&t acc?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: iphone 5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i boought it from us sellr.but unfortunately the phone is in active on at&t network.so i couldnt unlock the device.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want use this phone my local gsm network.thats it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  crash2199 replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

You will need to contact the eBay seller so they can deactivate it from their account. If the phone is theirs, they can deactivate it within 5-10 minutes. If the phone is being resold then they will need to issue you a replacement. The good news with eBay/Paypal is that it is very buyer friendly so you can always leave poor feedback or start a dispute in order to resolve an issue. Most sellers want to avoid that scenario so they will do their best to fix the issue.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but he said that the phone is already de active from at&t.so?but cannot unlock it.i dont no wat to do for this phone!!1

You can contact AT&T and determine if the phone is still active. I would suggest that you contact them to see if it is still active and if it is then reach back out to the seller and let them know that you want to return the phone because it is still active on a network. If the seller cares anything about their feedback score (and all full-time sellers do) then they will make the issue right.

Another question -- Who is telling you that it is active on AT&T network?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
unlock service agent
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how can i contact at&t?tell me a simple way!

Sure-- You can call 1-***-***-**** to reach their support team. When you speak with an agent, tell them that you purchased the phone online and you want to see if it is active on a plan. Let them know that you think you were sold a phone that was still active so they can double check it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
here phone call is very expensive in maldives.is threany otherway?

No, there isn't.

I would suggest that you contact the seller again and let them know that it is showing up as still active through your unlocking agent.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.