Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Why does my i phone 5 play music fine, but not voice dial

Customer Question

Why does my i phone 5 play music fine, but not voice dial and if I dial manually will call and connect, but they can't hear me yet I can hear them? It used t work just fine.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if you might have a problem with either the microphone in the iPhone 5, or perhaps hopefully the microphone volume setting.

Go into the Volume settings, and make sure the microphone is turned up almost all the way. Try voice dialing, and calling again, and see if people can hear you when you shout, at least. If they cannot, and if voice dialing still does not work, you may well have a defective microphone in your iPhone.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My iPhone is fine I think the problem may be in the Pioneer DEH-X6600BS microphone. Is that possible? Or is there something I can change in the settings?

That could well be, if you are doing voice audio through the Pioneer device.

Does the iPhone work OK just as and by itself? then its microphone is not at fault.