John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I have a Sharp cash regiter XE A106 and it has

Customer Question

HI, I have a Sharp cash regiter XE A106 and it has malfunctioned. I opened the drawer using the blue cash button,it opened then an alarm went off and the machine is now useless. No buttons work, only the led display is on and showing 0.00 in green. I have tried pressing the escape key, void etc, switching it off, all to no avail. I have tried to reset still doesn' work. Cathy
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Aprox. 5 years. Sharp XE - A106
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today. We have turned off, unplugged, tried CL key, Esc key. Resetting per instructions.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just, what to do next.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Anthony replied 28 days ago.

You will need to reset the machine however you will lose all the data is that OK?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
we don't store any data in the machine. If we have already tried to reset machine & no beeps from the machine happened the first time how is resetting the machine again going to help.
Expert:  Anthony replied 28 days ago.

How did you do that?

Expert:  Anthony replied 28 days ago.

Sorry I do need to understand how you reset the register because it saves me going over old ground now I can tell you there is a service way to do this and there is a user way so if you dont tell me I wont know?