Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My vivofit keeps telling me to change the batteries. I've

Customer Question

My vivofit keeps telling me to change the batteries. I've changed them in both the wrist portion and the heart monitor. Everything seems to work except the heart monitoring band does not communicate with the wrist. when changing the heart monitor batteries I did wait over a minute before putting the new batteries in.
JA: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?
Customer: Why won't the heart monitor band communicate with the wrist band. Both have new batteries. The Vivofit is about a year and a half old. When I sync with this computer I keep getting a message that I need to change the batteries.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing, it was working fine but I did have to wet the electrodes more when putting on the heart monitor.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried to pair the heart monitor with the wring band but I may have messed this up as the directions said if the heart monitor came with the vivofit it was already paired.
JA: Anything else you want the GPS expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, cause I don't know what else to tell him/her.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect from the sound of it, that your heart monitor band may have gone bad. And need replacing. That would be unfortunate, but with the age of it, warranty no longer covers it, and failure is possible at that age.

One thing to try, is to reset the wrist band thoroughly, for at least 2 hours without batteries in it, then try again, as if it were a new device - but, a new device that has not yet been paired with the wrist portion.

After that, if it fails, replacing it may be your best option, unfortunate as it may seem.