Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a BenQ Mx720 project. I replaced the lamp and chip

Customer Question

I have a BenQ Mx720 project. I replaced the lamp and chip today and when I turned it on, it started but no image appear, only a square of light.
I tried to put back the old chip, same issue. Then I put back the old lamp and it still the same.
I have been very careful to plug everything at the right place but I might have miss something.
Any ideas what it could be ?
I really look forward to hear from you.
Thank you
BEN
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Ben, you might need to adjust the brightness up or down.

Also verify that the appropriate input source is selected and the cables are connected securely.

Let me know if that helps?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Pete,
This isn't the issue. Before I tried to change the lamp and the chip, when I turned on my projector, even when it wasn't connected, I was seeing the benq home screen and was able to access the menu with the remote.
At the moment I just have a blank screen, it is really only the light projecting, no image what so ever.
I thought it could have been because the chip I bought wasn't the right one but even after reinstalling the old chip the problem is the same.
FYI : The projector is 5yo.
The lamp was a bit dim and the chip was loosing mirrors but it was functioning.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Ok, if you aren't even getting the BenQ splash screen then no image is being processed at all by the DLP chip.

Could any tools have come into contact with the DLP chip, or could any internal connections or components have been damaged in any way during the new lamp installation?