Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a stack-on security lock box and the model # is

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have a stack-on security lock box and the model # is was-1545 and I lost my key and my daughter reset the code and can't remember what she put as the code (she's 6) she was playing with it when I was getting my social security card out and now it's locked and my husband is 2 states over with the spare key and my daughter locked all my house and car keys in the box.... There's a default code that's supposed to let a person reset the code if something like this happens and I can't find the default code anywhere and I really need to get back in there like bad. I don't have my keys to anything so I was wanting to get the default code so I could get back in and reset it. Can you please help me get in my box? With the default code or if there's another way without ruining it? Because I don't want to waste all the money I spent on it and it's bolted to my floor.
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Yes I've tripled checked. I have no clue what my daughter set it as and my whole life is in there. Someone told me I could open it with the default code and then reset it again but I can't find the default code...
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This happened this morning. I've been trying to figure it out all day. Literally. I've read everything possible on it. I don't know what to do. I need my keys so bad. I can drive my car or lock my house or anything.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's it
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

Please confirm the make and model number of the box?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Stack-on model qas-1545
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Did you get the make and model
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

Yes thanks...

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Can u help me?
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

On the QAS-1545, if you don't know the code then the only way in is with the key.

If you lose your key, you will need to obtain a replacement key by referencing the serial number located on the front of the door.

You can request a replacement key by calling Stack-On Customer Services on 1-***-***-**** (M-F, 8-4:30 CST)

or filling in the following form:

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I don't have a key and my husband is out of town. And my keys are locked in. I thought u could get in with a default code?
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

There isn't a default code, only the key can be used however you can get a replacement key from Stack-On.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I know that but I can't go anywhere because my car keys and house keys and every key I own is locked in there... so there's no way I can get in at all? I have no way to get to work or lock my house or anything. I'm in a bad situation. So is there anyway for me at all to get in?
Expert:  Pete replied 23 days ago.

If it is a dire emergency then you could have a local locksmith or handyman force it open for you;

otherwise your next best option is to call Stack-On and have them express deliver a replacement key to you.