Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The recorder will not eject a dvd. It says it is on vcr, but

Customer Question

The recorder will not eject a dvd. It says it is on vcr, but will not change when I press the dvd button. How can I get the dvd out?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

When this issue occurs, it's either caused by a processor lockup, or the Eject motor has failed. If we can't jumpstart the unit into ejecting - there is no pushbutton manual eject, the top cover of the player would need to be removed and the disc tray manually ejecting out.

However it would first be worth trying to hard reset the unit.

1) Shut it off and unplug it from power.

2) Press and hold the eject button on the machine itself for 10 seconds (this drains residual current).

3) Wait a minute then plug the machine back in, turn it on and pres and hold the Eject button for 30 seconds, or until the drawer ejects - whichever comes first.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Try those steps up to three times if the first do not work. This is an attempt to "hard reset" the processor. However if the issue goes beyond that, then this does indicate a hardware fault in the player - more specifically the Eject mechanism has failed, and would require hardware repairs to fix the issue.

In that case, you're generally looking at $150 parts and labor to replace the Eject mechanism (which is not considered cost effective as the unit can be replaced for about the same cost).

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

However if you would like to have the machine repaired, or would like a 2nd opinion you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.stereorepair.com

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.