Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.

I cannot get to the wireless network on my Kindle Fire. It

Customer Question

I cannot get to the wireless network on my Kindle Fire. It will not show me available networks. It shows wireless network "off". It does nothing when I try the "on" icon.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Kindle fire, three years old. I have never had a problem getting to my wireless network before now.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started yesterday. I just try getting to the network and it will not let me.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I cannot think of anything. They can call me at(###) ###-####if they want.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 26 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Kindle Fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If the above suggestion still does not let you turn on Wi-Fi or connect to Wi-Fi, please go to menu / settings on the kindle, then go to the option Device (or Device options), then option Reset to Factory Default, then confirm Yes / Reset, and continue.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,