Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a Panasonic pt-d740us projector, I went to turn it on

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic pt-d740us projector, I went to turn it on yesterday and all the lights across the front are lit and I cannot get it to do anything. Tried disconnecting power and all but same story as soon as I plug it in... any insight would be helpful, it is out of warranty and I'll be fixing it.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

Carl, are the lights lit solid or are they blinking?

Have you tried fitting a replacement lamp?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
The lights are all solid lit, yellow in the middle and amber on both ends. and No I don't have a lamp to replace with. they are a couple of hundred a piece and I wanted to diagnose before I spent any monies...
Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

As the lights are solid lit and the lamp light is not blinking, this indicates a problem with the power supply to the lamp - a component on the lamp's ballast power supply board has likely failed and the board will need to be replaced.