Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have Kidde Ionization Smoke Alarms Model 1275 throughout

Customer Question

I have Kidde Ionization Smoke Alarms Model 1275 throughout my home and a carbon monixide detecter in the basement. Yesterday all alarms went off, we searched the house (including the basement) found nothing was wrong. I had to remove all alarms because of the noise. The alarms are over ten years old. What would have caused this and how do I remedy the situation? Before I removed the alarms the sounds were intermittent, but annoying. Your comments are appreciated.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today.

The problem is more than likely with your breaker if they are all wired together. If nothing is wrong in your home and that is happening that is the only thing that makes sense is for the breaker to be the problem.