John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I have an older pioneer cd player I am replacing with a

Customer Question

Hello, I have an older pioneer cd player I am replacing with a pioneer deh 150 mp.
Then old radio works fine but no backlight so I cant see what channel I am on. The removable faceplate has a motherboard in it so you cant fix the light.
The install plug in was different then the older model so I followed the instructions and I was getting no sound and the back of this radio got so hot I could not tough it. I checked the ground and it is fine. I wired the speaker wires exactly the same as the older radio but the sound coming out is scratchy and poor. It is a two speaker system. Could you explain exactly how I ned to wire this radio? And why it is getting so hot. I am worried it will start a fire. It is be installed in an expensive piece of logging equipment. High up on the ceiling in an enclosed plastic case. I put the older radio back in and it still works.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 26 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 26 days ago.

Please tell me specifically which color wires you have connected to those two speakers.