Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I bought a PV-GS300 camcorder 10 years ago and has been

Customer Question

I bought a PV-GS300 camcorder 10 years ago and has been running the "MotionDV STSDIO.6E LE for DV" software under Windows XP. Recently I've tried to install this program under Windows 10 but failed. Are there any compatible software under Windows 10 that can process the same tapes generated by my PV-GS300?
Henry Sun ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Henry, you can use lots of different software on Windows 10 to process your PV-GS300 recordings.

You could start by trying the built-in Windows Media Player, or there are lots of others available from the Windows App Store if you prefer something different.

If you would like some remote assistance with this, I'd be happy to help :)

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
HI Pete, I started the Windows Media Player per your suggestion but am lost immediately in knowing how to transfer the PV-GS300 footage (not to mention editing the video on my PC later on). I've decided it's not worth of my time to pursue on solving this problem any more. I appreciate your help with an initial charge of $5, but I don't think I am satisfied enough to credit you with additional $22 which you should refund me.
Thanks for your understanding,
Henry Sun
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

Hi Henry,

I am a user of this site just like you. I have nothing to do with the billing or accounts.

We can reply back and forth until you are fully satisfied.

To transfer the footage from the camera, simply copy and paste it from the camera to the computer, as you would with any other external memory device.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Peter, Thanks for your quick response. As I mentioned in my previously email, I have decided to terminate my request for any help. So I'll inform to settle the payments.
Expert:  Pete replied 29 days ago.

Ok, all the best! :)