Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tried everything to get my CD to play in my bse and it will

Customer Question

tried everything to get my CD to play in my bse and it will not play. any suggestions
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is old I have to go see the make/model be right back
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My model is: AWRC.10 I have tried unplugging it for 60 minutes and plugging back in while holding the on off button, tried cleaning the laser light, tried everything
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has been doing this for quite a while now could the laser light be burnt out?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

What exactly is the Bose doing or not doing when you try to play a disc?

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please review my reply and respond back to continue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I put the CD in and it glades but will not stay on CD mode
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Then this indicates a hardware failure in the Bose. It would need to be opened up and then bench tested to determine what's causing this, and then repairs be made. This isn't a setting/adjustment issue and you've already cleaned the laser lens and reset the processor by unplugging it for 60 minutes.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:
BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

You're welcome, and sorry for the bad news.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is ok. Bye
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Bye. Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.