Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a Windward lll 54" gossamer wind series ceiling fan.

Customer Question

I have a Windward lll 54 " gossamer wind series ceiling fan. I have light in both flouresent and plug in bulbs. my fan will not revolve electrician checked wires to the receiver in fan and it is tightly wired. Is there anything else posssible to activate fan other than replacing receiver.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Hampton bay windward lll remote control 54 " ceiling fan. I have no maual on/off switch control other than the remote. Don't know how old it is. Everything but engaging fan to revolve is working. SKU # 0(###) ###-####8
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just installed this morning --replacing an existing fan it worked then when it was turned off it would not re-engage fan motor electrician came back checked wiring and recommended a new receiver install
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess if it is the receiver a ball park idea of what it costs. Batteries in remote unit are brand new.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Receivers do fail on these, but it could be the motor as well. If you (or electrician) can by pass the receiver unit and wire the motor directly to line, that will isolate which is at fault and tell you if the entire fan needs to be replaced or just the receiver unit. Let me know the results, and I'll help with a replacement component if needed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. 1st, if I need a new receiver for my ceiling fan, what is the usual cost of purchasing a receiver?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Yes I'm here, your reply just came through, thanks.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You can buy an aftermarket receiver/remote (kit, you have to replace both) for around $25, which you could do yourself or have your electrician do (so factor in his time and cost): http://amzn.to/2d9uCL5

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

They are actually cheap enough that you may be better off just buying one and have your guy install it and be done, it would probably be cheaper than having him come once to test and again to install later, as chances of a bad motor are pretty slim/

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Also if you prefer the more robust remote with the thermostat options, you can get that too, it just costs a bit more: http://amzn.to/2d4Szr7

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in, were you able to order the replacement part I had sent info on, or do you need more help with this?