Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

TV LEV24GD3FHD DVD will not load. I insert DVD it goes to

Customer Question

DVD will not load.
I insert DVD it goes to load, does not load and goes to open. The disk comes out of the machine. Will go back easily but it is like Groundhog Day just loading and unloading. Cannot see anything in troubleshooting can you help me please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello Greg,

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nathan thank you for your help however I am in the bush at the moment and do not have access to a can of compressed air or a laser cleaner. When I return to the city I will buy a can of compressed then and then rate your service. My DVD player is still not operating. Thanks again I will message you soon
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You're very welcome, Greg, and best of luck to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nathan, I have thank you for your service and I have told you that I am not able to check and see if your advice was any good to me. You are very impatient I have informed you that once I have bought a can of compressed there I will try and fix my DVD player and then let you know with your advice was any good. Please be patient I am an honest man and will get back to you when I reach the city and try and fix my DVD. Greg
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the update, Greg.

I haven't set any further messages. The site (not me) sends out automated reminders to rate/close the question.

That isn't from me and I have no issues at all waiting for you to test this out at your convenience.

I do have to reply back here, as I have to make the last post or I won't be notified when you come back, just disregard the emails as they aren't from me and we can pick this up whenever you are ready.