machinc
machinc, Electrical Technician
Experience:  AC/DCElectricity / Relay and apparatus/circuit reading/ 30 yrs Bell South
75209918

Bought garage sale chauvet cubix to use at school dance.

Customer Question

Bought garage sale chauvet cubix to use at school dance. Older model (Not 2) with just dip switches. Works in auto mode but no outside lights just the center is functioning. Time to put it in Goodwill box?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-1eysp1u4- replied 5 months ago.

Hello Marilyn, welcome to JA/ Pearl, my name is***** and I will try to answer your electrical question today.

Full disclosure I am not a DJ, nor do I have much experience with DJ equipment, but I do have familiarity with electronics so I'll try my best.

My first question is; Do you have the manual for this model, or are you familiar with the operation/ tried appropriate DIP switch configurations ( Obvious question I know, but had to ask it )?

Were you using a DMX controller to send signals to the unit, and is it required to receive signals before the LED's activate? I know that might be a stretch, so as much information that you know or have about the unit would really come in handy when troubleshooting it.

Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
If you have the space I would
not get rid of it just yet.
Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
These units are not reccomended to be repaired by the owner but you may find a local theatre company or such you could possibly find someone who knows how to set it up .
Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
There are also shops that may be able to repair it for a reasonable fee.
Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
All of that said time and storage space can be at a premium.
Perhaps donating it to "good will " is the best route to go.
Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
They can make a few dollars and someone might buy it that can get some use out of it.
Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
If it were a "2" and not the older model it would be more worth pursuing a repair .
Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
Its possible you could list it for sale as vintage and attract a collector.
Expert:  machinc replied 5 months ago.
if you are satisfied with just the center light use it as is and perhaps you will run into some one who knows how to set it up fully or how to repair it if need be.