Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My 32 in sanyo has played very well........last night I

Customer Question

my 32 in sanyo has played very well........last night I suspect my wife rolled over on the remote while it layed in bed.......I can not get it to reset andy video.....it has color bars on a few channels........don't know anything else to do
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sanyo is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: one year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only during the night
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

What is the model number off of the back of your Sanyo please?

Also what specifically is connected to the set that you receive broadcasts from (ex: Cable/SAT box, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Are you having website issues preventing you from replying?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks Aric but it suddenly came on...after unplugging it for a few minutes, then ran another channel scan,,,,,it appears to suddenly be okay.....thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. Okay, the set appearing to have no power and then needing to be unplugged for a few minutes, then another scan being needed means the Mainboard in the TV is going out. Those are not normal symptoms when the set is working fine. In the case it keeps occurring the Mainboard in the set (which is the board that houses the AV Input jacks) will need to be replaced. In that case, that is something that I can help you source out and replace yourself (saving $150 over what a shop would charge).

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.
Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.