John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I replaced the DMD chip in an old projector and fixed that

Customer Question

I replaced the DMD chip in an old projector and fixed that problem and it went pretty seamlessly, but something went awry in the process and there is no visual output now, just black and then fixed snowy horizontal bands. I'm not sure where to start.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  chester298 replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to justanswer.

Initially, may I know what is the make and model of your projector?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Chester, thank you for trying to help. It is an optoma HD 66.

Its my pleasure to assist you Sir/madam,

When you replaced dmd what is the exact problem of your unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The DMD install seemed like it went fine, but now there is no picture projected. It is about five or six wide horizontal bands of black and fixed snow being projected, and nothing else. I'm not sure what I might have detached or damaged or not done correctly to make that happen.

What I was trying to figure out what is the previous problem why you replaced dmd? Did the optoma logo appear on your projector and the menu display fine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No nothing projects. The previous problem was the DMD needed to be replaced due to burnt out pixels. I disassembled unit. Maintained and rechecked the wire connections between boards and nothing was forced or jarred. I've repeated the process a couple times and now am stillhaving this problem of fixed projection.

Thanks for your response. May I know what is the device connected to your projector?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It is unrelated to the problem. The issue seems like it might be related to the main board and the connection with the lens/DMD unit. I'll keep trying. I think there is some miscommunication misunderstanding happening. Thank you for your help.

Sorry if I have many information requested from you. I just want to make sure that we are in the right troubleshooting. I will asked you on my above post, if you able to see the logo or the menu screen?