John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I am using a Sams4 2000 POS system and have had several

Customer Question

I am using a Sams4 2000 POS system and have had several issues today. First I need to get my printer back online, it is not working for me. Any idea's?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check the printer cable, if it is directly connected to the SAM4S POS register by a cable.

Re-seat the printer cable, or at least make sure it is firmly seated.

Check the printer as to whether it is Online, and also whether it has a roll in it still, fed in properly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've only just started using this system 3 days ago and i have no clue how to get it up and going correctly
We must have this back up and going before open tomorrow morning

OK. Do you need basic instructions on using the printer, then?

And, has it ever worked for you before?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was working fine until around 9 a.m.
We then had several things go wrong with the pos system itself, from it not printing, to it not accepting the credit card button to printing out things it normally does not. Each time I fixed a problem a new one occurred. I tried swapping the monitor with the one in the back because the back one was working fine but then the printer stopped working after doing so. Maybe something is plugged in incorrectly??

Yes, check all the printer connection cables for sure.

A cable may have been dislodged.

If it still doesn't work, try turning the whole thing Off - monitor, printer, POS system - for at least 15 minutes. That may be all it needs, that much down time and cooling off and resetting too.