Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Yaesue ft1000mp and I cant get it on AM any help

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi Greg, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and if have not been tried, consider a CPU Master RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: Please click HERE.

May have to be done a number of times.

This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.