Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I really need your help, I'm having trouble to open my safe,

Customer Question

Hi, I really need your help, I'm having trouble to open my safe, I lost key and my code is not working, and the owner manual guide is inside of the safe, I had the SentrySafe, can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Kacey.

Are you sure you are using the correct code?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it has been a long time I didn't open the safe, I do need my passport in ther to go on a trip tomorrow
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

It sounds like this is just a battery issue, as long as you are using the right code.

If the number keypad is on a round plastic part, grasp the sides of the round piece and rotate it counterclockwise, and it should open to allow you to access the batteries to replace them, which is usually 2 or 4 AA batteries. Then your code should work again.

If it does not, I can advise on how to get the code/keys.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you call or are still working helping me?
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too. Just let me know either way.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know what is going on with the payment, however on the key pad how can I turn it? I got this safe like a year+ ago and I hardly use it, and I'm urgently needed to open for my passport, and I don't think my code is right, what can I do?
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Well if the code isn't right, the battery won't make a difference,

if you have a round face on the front of the safe that the keypad is on, you can rotate that, as I mentioned above, to access the batteries. Do that first and test with fresh batteries to see if your code is correct.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
on my bank they just took out $31 and $5
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Yes, that is the fee for our chat here, the call is a separate service and an additional fee. We can continue here if you prefer, or you can accept the call offer I sent if you want to speak that way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just updated my payment but still not go thru, the blinking is stop now, so how can I open my safe?
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

If you used the wrong code, it will time out and make you wait 5 minutes or so to try again,

if the battery light is not blinking, go ahead and try again, but it necessary that you use the correct code,

if the batt light comes on again, you will need to replace the batteries.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
like I mentioned, I don't think I have the right code pin, it has been a long time I didn't access into my safe, and for me to reset or to open my safe I don't have the key and my code is incorrect, this is why I contact you guy for help, the owner manual its inside the safe as well
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for confirming. You were initially mentioning the battery light as well though.

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here: http://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

If you have an immediate need to get into it, the only option will be to take the safe in to a locksmith (or have them come out) and they would need to drill the safe open, this will damage the safe (it won't be usable after this) and can be expensive, but you would at least be able to get your passport out for your trip.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
oh my, I guess this is the only option for me
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I would still recommend changing the batteries just to be sure, it certainly won't hurt.

If you let me know your zip code, I can help you find a locksmith if you'd like.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
92647
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Here are a few nearby options:
Total Access Security
***-***-****

Dean Safe West Los Angeles Showroom
***-***-****

Orange Coast Lock & Safe

***-***-****

Southern Ca Security Centers
***-***-****

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.