Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

It will probably take all three of you to help me./ Not all

Customer Question

Hi there - It will probably take all three of you to help me./ Not all elderly women don't get this electronic business, but, I don't. I am a methodical person and I don't get the method to this madness. If one is patient - I will get it. tv is just about our only method of entertainment - when people I talked to were so interested in the Fire Stick I Jumped on the band wagon. We set it up and are going nowhere with it. #1 if one watches multiple tv.s do you need one FS for each TV?? Can the FS and the DVD player be connected at the same time and if so, how to get from TV (FS)Player, or to "reg tv"???/or, is that necessary??We are connected to Direct TV if that makes a difference. I hope that you can help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Congrats on getting a fire stick, they are a great device for streaming online content to your tv.

#1) The fire tv is a singular device, it can service only 1 tv, it plugs into the hdmi port on the back/side of the tv, along with a usb or power cable, from there it interfaces with your home wifi network for internet signals.

#2) The fire stick and dvd can be connected at the same time, typically each would have its own hdmi port, so you may have the directv box on hdmi1 on the tv, the dvd on hdmi2, and firestick on hdmi3, for example. To switch between them, use the SOURCE or INPUT button on your tv (not dtv) remote, pressing it repeatedly as needed to cycle through the different input modes to get to the desired device (ie: hdmi3 for firestick, in this example).

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?