Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?

Pete, do you have any experience with the Saitek FIP on a

Customer Question

Pete, do you have any experience with the Saitek FIP on a Windows 10 64bit computer. I have had one hell of a time getting the Saitek multi panel and switch panel to work, and I finally got them to work but don't ask me how. I tried so many things and they finally work now, but I can not get the FIP panel to work. I have been In touch with Mad Catz and have followed their many, many suggestions but it is still not working. The FIP shows up in device manager under "Human Interface Devices", but still does not work.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have been trying to get it to work for three weeks now going back and forth with Mad Catz.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried it on different programs as well? Sometimes it will be specific to software. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
These instruments from Saitek are specific to a flight simulator program. The program that I have is Microsoft Flight Simulator X. There is no other program on my computer to try it on.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Yes, that is the program that I was looking for. Reboot your computer with the controller plugged in. Another controller could be interfering, so be sure to disconnect any other controller when you reboot. Try it in Simulator X, and tell me if you see any difference.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for the delay. I tried what you suggested and unplugged all of the other devices, and rebooted the computer. Unfortunately the Saitek Flight Instrument Panel did not work. I am not sure how familiar you are with the Saitek products, but the FIP (Flight Instrument Panel) does have power to it because the two arrows on the bottom of the instrument blink on and off red for about 3 seconds and than nothing, except the screen is glowing with a very pale blue light.
I am not sure what time zone you are in, but I am in New York and I have doctors appointments tomorrow morning, so I will not be home until about 2:00pm tomorrow (Thursday). Also I will be away from Friday September 9 - September 21.
Thank you for your reply.