GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I bought my grandson a tablet, how do I change the language

Customer Question

I bought my grandson a tablet, how do I change the language to English. I
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'d be happy to help you with this. Can you tell me please what type of tablet you have (brand and model)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
rca 7inch voyager
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. what language is it currently displaying? Can you tell?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bahasa melayu
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. That is Maylaysian. on the main screen do you see settings (tetapan) or apps (

aplikasi)?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Are you still with me? I think perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to do a factory reset on the device. A factory reset will restore the tablet to " settings. You will have to set it up from the beginning. The first thing you will do is choose a language. You can select English there.

To perform the Factory Reset, please do the following:

1. With your tablet turned off, press and hold the volume up (+) button. While holding the volume up (+) button, press the tablet’s power button until you see the RCA logo with Nipper and Chipper on the screen. After a few seconds, the screen will change and you will see the Android bot on his back with a caution symbol above him.

2. Now you are going to press and hold the tablet’s power button, and without releasing the power button press down on the volume up (+) button. You should then see the screen below.

3. Use the tablet’s volume up (+) and down (+) keys to navigate to and select the "wipe data/factory reset" option. To select this option, press the power button.

4. The tablet is going to ask you to confirm your selection. Use the tablet volume up (+) and down (-) keys to navigate to and select "Yes – delete all user data." Once again, use the power button to select this option.

5. At the bottom of the next screen, you will see "Data wipe complete." Press the power button to restart the system.

6. The system will begin to reboot and once again display the RCA logo with Nipper and Chipper. The next "Welcome" screen will prompt you to select your language of choice. Scroll through the options using your finger and press start when finished.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

If for any reason that does not work, please click the link below to access the user manual for this tablet.

http://rcaav.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Voyager_RCT6773W42BF_ebook.pdf

The user manual has illustrations and photos that may help you choose the correct icons to change the language and/or reset the tablet simply by tapping the right icons in the right order.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.