GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

My 2 yr old Garmin 1000 won't turn on after it has been

Customer Question

My 2 yr old Garmin 1000 won't turn on after it has been charged. Screen is white but tones work. Thx, Ken
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Lets try a master reset. I want you to try this first with the device connected to the computer.

1. Power device off
  2. Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop
  3. Power device on while still holding both buttons
  4. Continue holding buttons when Garmin "splash" screen appears
  5. Release buttons when Garmin "splash" screen disappears

If you can get the reset to process then it should continue working normally. If it doesn't work while plugged in, please repeat the process without it being plugged in.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

By the way, I see that you had to wait quite a bit for help. I am sorry about that.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

I am about to logoff for the evening but I will check back with you in the morning. Have a good night!