John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

Our Panasonic DMR-XW300 was reset to "shipping condition".

Customer Question

Our Panasonic DMR-XW300 was reset to "shipping condition". DVD ratings was reset to the 0 level and the player no longer plays DVDs. To change the setting so that the machine will play them it is asking that I input a 4 digit password. We have no record of any password. What, if anything, can be done to get around this? Thanks. ***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would advise you first of all, to try several possible default value passwords/passcodes:

and see if any of these work - and let me know how it goes. I may be able to find other, more specific, default password ***** for this model.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried all of those but without success. If you could look further into this I'd appreciate it. Thanks Peter

OK. I am looking for other information...

One thing to try is to press PLAY and REC at the same time for 5 seconds.

Or follow this page's instructions (which include that but other steps too, and the steps are more elaborate):

Another thing to try, is to contact Panasonic and ask them how to unlock the owner PIN (if that is what the 4-digit passcode is).