GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I have a amazon Fire. Is there any way I can set that to its

Customer Question

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I have a amazon Fire. Is there any way I can set that to its original settings. My grandson who is 5 got ahold of it and now it is talking and I can't seem to go anywhere. It's stuck on a game. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there Cindy. My name is***** would be happy to help you with this. Let's try a "soft reset" first. This may solve the problem.

Remove the charger from the Kindle (if it is plugged in) and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Please try this and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It still has the voice scape on I need to get that turned off and see where I go from there.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Did it restart, and it's still on after the reset?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it restarted, but all the settings are the same. I don't know what he did to it but I still have the voice scape on and it is very difficult to tap on anything. I have to tap on ok several times until it will accept ok. I hope this makes since.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is frozen on the same screen I can't even get it out of the screen its in.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Yes, it does. Let's try this:

Go to the Settings menu. Tap and hold the top bar on top of the screen and pull it down. This will bring you to the Settings menu.

Select the Accessibility menu. Tap “More” at the right side to view additional options, then tap the “Accessibility” button at the bottom to access the Accessibility menu.

Turn off Text-to-Speech. Toggle the switch beside this option to turn it off.

Turn off Voice Guide. To do this, toggle the Voice Guide switch to the Off position.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Oh...if it is still locking p on that screen, you may have to do a factory reset.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for a FULL 40 seconds.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No that did nothing. I have done that prior to me contacting you. The lock button sticks I can't get the device on locked now it need to go back to the original settings. Is there any way you can help me with this?
setting
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

IF your Kindle is a Fire(at least 2nd generation), you should be able to a factory reset from here (www.amazon.com/myk). Go to My Account > Manage you content and Devices and click on the device tab. If it is available, you'll see REMOTE FACTORY RESET as an option in the drop down menu under DEVICE ACTIONS. Please note: The Fire’s battery needs to be charged to at least 30% and it must be connected to a Wi-Fi network. If this doesn't work, or of the option is not available for your Kindle, please let me know. Thank you!

After resetting the Kindle, just make sure when you set it back up that you use the same Amazon email address and password ***** you are currently using. After setting up the Kindle, please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Me

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I have to logoff for a couple of hours. I should be back no later than 8:30pm CST. I will check for yoru response as soon as I return. Thanks much for your patience!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It worked…Thank you so much!!!!!
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

You're so welcome. I am happy that I could help! Would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. Thank you!