Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I have a Nikon eclipse 50i microscope. The light was not

Customer Question

Hi I have a Nikon eclipse 50i microscope. The light was not working but when I changed the bulb still nothing. Power is coming into the instrument as noted by the little green diode. Ii is as if the fuse has gone. Can you help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your microscope?

Also I can tell you there is a fuse located in the power wire or the base of the scope. If that checks ok, then the transformer is likely failed at this point.

I can help you either to get a new power supply for that lamp (if still available) or an new light for your scope;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael