John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I own an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-722PC (one of

Customer Question

Hi, I own an Olympus Digital Voice Recorder VN-722PC (one of five DVRs that I own) and when I try to record, I receive the message:Can't inputI looked in the Troubleshooting section of the manual and it doesn't provide information on what to do to eliminate the problem for this error message.My folders do not exceed (or come anywhere near) the limit of 200 recordings each.
I have 29h, 16m, 58s of recording time left!Please assist!
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to copy your folders / recordings to the computer, then use the Format option on the recorder, then see if you can record?

- Do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not tried this but will do so now. I have never had to format files before.

Please try now, and check. If you do not know how to transfer to computer or how to use the format option on the recorder, please let me know. Please get back to me when you can. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Guess what? I feel stupid to have reacted so quickly to pay for problem-solving when I should have just tried the most simplest of solutions: changing the batteries! That stupidity just cost me 40 bucks... Why this error message is not in the manual is confounding to me!!! Shame on Olympus!! And I am a Technical Writer! And the DVR showed that there was plenty of battery power!

I'm sorry; that is really strange as it's not in the manual. I'm an independent support tech. Our customer service can certain adjust any billing for you. Is there any other electronic or computer issue you need help with today? Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. I feel so stupid! Whom do I contact?
Thanks, Viet

You're welcome. I'll have our customer service contact you about the billing. Thank you,