John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Just got my tablet this month. Unable to use it. It tells me

Customer Question

Just got my tablet this month. Unable to use it. It tells me to enter my e-mail, I get about half way thro and it goes back home. Also won't connect to internet. It is a 10 Viking Pro.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You might well have a defective tablet. Do you have an option from the seller/vendor/store to return it if not satisfied, or a return-if-defective-for-exchange arrangement, that has not yet expired? (Such periods offered by vendors are usually quite short.)

But before deciding to try returning it to exchange for another... or, to give it over to RCA for under-warranty free repairs (which I can instruct you how to do in detail)... perhaps we should go into the problems and find out whether they are profound or merely little matters that are easily corrected.

What symptoms of not connecting to (wireless?) internet does it show?

How far do you get through registering your email? and are you configuring an email reading app (a way of reading your email etc.), or are you registering your email address in some other function e.g. registering your tablet with that email address?

With these details I will be able to advise you. Please let me know by Reply To Expert and I will advise you... this is just an initial inquiry for the facts of the problem(s).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It just tells me I'm not connected to internet. when I try to put in me e-mail it lets me go as far as tying my name, then it goes back to home page
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Reply To Expert
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i bought the tablet from Amazon.should I return it?

OK. I am typing in my response...

Being not connected to internet might account for the problem with entering your email and name and then getting nothing, also.

Let's focus on the internet. Have scanned for Wireless Access Points, i.e. looked for router SSID names? including your own WiFi router's SSID name, presumably.

Then when you find SSID names or WiFi Access Points, you select your own WiFi router box's SSID name.

And then you should be prompted to enter its passphrase (or 'password').

Have you gotten that far through the process, and has it then failed?

If so... well, let me know first, please. Thanks.