John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

How to use Word, Windows 7, to read files on Hitachi

Customer Question

How to use Word, Windows 7, to read files on Hitachi LifeStudio external backup hard drive?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased in March 2012 from Intrex Computers, NC
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only click on file from Word. Response was that I was not authorized to access the files. I am the first and only owner of this hard drive.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

This most definitely sounds like the file permissions on the external drive are the culprit. For this reason, we will need to alter the file permissions on the external drive, so that you can access them. May I start a Secure Remote Assistance session with you so that I can do this for you?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

I see that you have come to the page, read my post, but have not responded. Do you still need help with this problem? You may respond to me below in the reply box and clicking the Send button.

Thank you,

Jason