GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Lightning knocked out my six p hne base unit. I happening

Customer Question

Lightning knocked out my six p hne base unit.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I happening last week. I bought a KX-TGD220 with two handsets. How can I get the base unit to recognize and register my four KX-TGEA20?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I cannot get my handsets to unregister because they do not sense any power in the base unit.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I want to know if I can use my older units or will I have to buy four new units. My old charging stands work well with the new units.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately, it does not appear that the KX-TGEA20 handsets will be compatible with the KX-TGD220 base unit.

According to the user manual for the Panasonic KX-TGEA20 handset, this unit is an additional handset compatible with the following series of Panasonic Digital Cordless Phones:

- KX-TGE210/KX-TGE230/KX-TGE240/KX-TGE260/KX-TGE270 (KX-TGEA20)- KX-TGH260 (KX-TGHA20)

(The corresponding models are subject to change without notice.)

Please note that the KX-TGD200 is not listed as compatible.

I am providing links to the user manual for both the KX-TGEA20 handset (http://phone.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/panasonic/kxtgea20.html)

and the KX-TGD220 base unit - ( ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/kx-tgd210_mul_om.pdf)

in case you would like to look them over. I am confident that you will come to the same conclusion that I did.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. I know that this not what you had hoped to hear, but it is an honest and correct answer. Please don't "shoot the messenger" by rating me poorly. If you have additional questions, please let me know. I am committed to your complete satisfaction. Thank you!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

The installation manual for the handset describes the steps needed to register and begin using the handset. Since you already have the equipment and the manual says that "The corresponding models are subject to change without notice", it wouldn't hurt to try the registering procedure described, just to be SURE that the handsets are incompatible. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.