John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have trouble opening my Sentry Safe. Can someone help me

Customer Question

I have trouble opening my Sentry Safe. Can someone help me out ? I have the Factory code
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Sentry Safe
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: SFW205GPC A35087963 And I have the Factory 5 digit code I also know for sure what was the code before that I put WHat I should do ?
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What happens when you enter the Factory Code to open the safe? what sounds, beeps, lights do you get?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I put my factory code is giving me red light error.

Are you sure it is the factory code?

Are you sure it is being entered correctly?

(Please do not state the code here. This is not a private forum, and all will be able to see it if you state it, making your safe very unsafe thenceforward. And I cannot verify it for you from the look of it. My question is about its validity in so far as 'it came from where?')

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Am I been charged for a phone call already ?

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

*****@******.***

I don't think so. Nobody has accepted the phone call offer. But for all I know, when you ask for one, you are charged for it. I have no knowledge of nor power over charges, how you are charged, nor when. I just don't think so.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok.
I entering the right 5 digit factory code for sure
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What I should do ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the "C" button for ? Can I use this one for something ? I am really confused
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do I hold the "P" button while I put the Factory Code or what I do ?

Do you have a manual for your safe?

If so, follow its instructions for unlocking by entering a code!

If you do not have a manual, stop short. Determine your safe's MODEL # (not serial #) and let me know it, so I can get the exact and correct instructions for entering and unlocking with a factory code.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model# *****
Serial# ******

OK. Looking for that model # and its manual... hold on a few minutes please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have the Manual but even following it is not working. Maybe you can tell me something better I can do ? Or maybe I dont follow the right way ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Laso I have a 4 digit Key Number . And I have Factory Code . What is the key number for ?

Where did you get the factory code, please?

(If you got it off a website then it is no good. Give up on it working. Under the circumstances, that would be very dubious anyway.

Contact Sentry Safes, go through the righteous process that determines your ownership of the safe is legit (and protects you from others getting at the code), and get the real code. It should work.)

This is your Fire Safe's manual:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/518792.pdf