Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have aDS6671-3 system. The swivel clip on the ear is piece

Customer Question

I have aDS6671-3 system. The swivel clip on the ear is piece is broken. Can I order an replacement?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Jan.

There are no parts available for these units unfortunately, they are not very well supported by vtech.

So you can't get just a new clip piece, you would have to buy a whole new headset unit, and even that isn't available for purchase separately. The unit would have came with 3 of the ear clips when it was new, in different sizes, so if you can comfortably use one of the other sizes, that would be your best option. Otherwise you'd be looking at trying to find a new headset used on ebay, or buying a whole new phone system.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Poor
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

I understand your frustration, Jan, but please bear in mind that this is a function of vtech and their poor quality poorly supported products. If you'd like a recommendation for a better quality phone system that would be better supported and which has parts available, I can recommend some options for you.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help 0 that would be blaming me for the poor quality of the vtech product, jeopardizing my livelihood, and tarnishing my professional reputation because of vtech.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Jan?