John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

Want to change code on my sentry safe do i need the code on

Customer Question

want to change code on my sentry safe do i need the code on the manual booklet because if so i can't find it
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: i can open it but need to change it because it was compromised
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none i can't find the manual to it
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: do i need model
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Can you tell me the model of the safe? The model should be printed right on the safe.
Do you know the existing combination, and the factory override code?

Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that if you have the code to open it already, you most likely have the power to change that code also. Is that what you are asking about?

I think I can find a source for the manual for your safe, if you are interested. That would contain the procedure to change the code.

(Do you know the type, at least, of your safe, if not the model ? e.g. Fire Safe, Gun Safe, etc.)

Let me know, please, by using the Reply To Expert function, and I will advise you and provide that information.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.