Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a casio CE6000 register that will turn on but none of

Customer Question

I have a casio CE6000 register that will turn on but none of the buttons will work. it acts like it is locked up.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is not a tv, it is a cash register. I have not had any problem before now.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging, turning it on and off, etc.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thank you. please connect us
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will there be a response soon?
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you attempted a clearing of a machine lock up?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We followed troubleshooting options from the owners manual. We inserted the PGM key turned it to that mode pressed receipt feed and put it in the PGM mode at the same time. Something occurred and now the screen reads E004
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

E004 indicates that a process/operation is in progress. Please wait till it has completed.

Please post back results / observations of the above once done; i.e. if ten (1) Fs are displayed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is not making any noise or appearing to be doing anything g
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Can we review the steps tried? Please re-check and confirm:

"...inserted the PGM key turned it to that mode pressed receipt feed and put it in the PGM mode at the same time..."

Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, unable to provide phone call service at this time.

That clearing a machine lock up was unable to be completed would be indicative of a potential hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will probably just wait until tomorrow and take it in to repair shop. Thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

I understand.

I was reviewing the repair / Service Manual and it would appear that this model has a built-in diagnostic feature.

Would the procedures for the diagnostic be of interest?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could you please explain what you mean by diagnostic
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

I am now able to call.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

For some reason, the system is reporting a failure hence unable to complete the call.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I will take it in tomorrow
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Appreciate your kind understanding.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.