Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

Our Sentry 1250 manual combination dial is free spinning and

Customer Question

Our Sentry 1250 manual combination dial is free spinning and we cannot open the safe.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cerecita replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear this about your safe. It sounds like your dial has become defective or broken. Try to gently tap the dial with a rubber mallet or a hammer with a towel wrapped around the head multiple times, so you don't damage the safe. This may help the dial 'click' back into place.

If this problem continues, you'll need to call Sentry to report a defective part and ask if they have a local technician who can come out and look at it at no cost to you. However, you will not be able to call them until Monday, as they are closed on the weekends; you can email, though. Here is their contact information:

(###) ###-####br />Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM US Central Time

Email:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/ContactUs/Call_Or_Email_Us

----------

I wish you much good luck with your safe!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Had to remove hinge pins and pry safe open. Crappy plastic dial shaft must have fatigued and snapped. This was a no key safe so there was no option. Will probably not buy a Sentry to replace.

Expert:  Cerecita replied 7 months ago.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

Sorry to hear you had to ruin the safe, but not surprised you probably won't buy another Sentry safe to replace after this event!

I hope the next safe you buy will work out for you!

Warmest wishes,

Cher