Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant

I have been instructed to turn off my modem. I haven't been

Customer Question

I have been instructed to turn off my modem. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Not a question worthy of an expert but I would appreciate your help. I think I know
what the modem is but assumptions get me in trouble. On the front of the tall thin piece
of equipment I am thinking is the modem it says AT&T U-verse 3801HVG and on the side
it says SSID: 2WIRE945 and Wireless network key(###) ###-#### Is that indeed the modem?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any trouble.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHO instructed you to "turn off your modem"?

2) What is the PURPOSE of doing this?

3) Does the device you are looking it (with the 2WIRE945 marking) have ANY "indicators" (lights) on the FRONT, and at least a few cables in the BACK?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I only ask because I didn't see a response back from my earlier questions, but IF this is the "modem" I think it is, the EASIEST way to turn it OFF is to find a disconnect the POWER ADAPTER PLUG - in the BACK of the modem.

If you were instructed to "turn OFF and then back ON", then I would do that in such a way that the power is disconnected for a FULL TWO MINUTES - before reconnecting power.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-