Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

Hard disc error - am supposed to run the hard disk test in

Customer Question

Hard disc error - am supposed to run the hard disk test in system diagnostics. Hard Dis 2 (3F2). F2 System Diagnostics.
I am very computer-illiterate and all this is gobbldygook to me.
April A
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Text message is no good - phone contact I gave you is a landline (mobile not working either). Phone = (02) 9349 5203; but have to go to the bank right now, and won't be back for 1 hour.
Hope we can talk on my return.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hello April,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second, until you see the Diagnostics screen. You can then perform the hard disk tests.

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried to follow your instructions (twice) and pressed the F2 key - on both occasions, pressed F2 about 20-30 times but; nothing happened - no Diagnostics screen appeared, ever.
So, will have to organise for an computer expert to come here to my home tomorrow or the next day, or alternatively, take the tower and whatever else is necessary to a computer repair shop. This problem is quite beyond my capabilities.
Thanks for your assistance and attempts to help me out.
April A