GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

My mom has a amazon kindle that has not been used for a

Customer Question

my mom has a amazon kindle that has not been used for a while. I deactivated and trying to register so she can use it again. not having any luck
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 months ago.

May I ask why you are not able to re-register it? Are you given errors?

Thank you,

***** *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I get an error message. I'll do it again now and take pic of error message. Plz wait

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unable to connect at this time. Plz try again later. If problem persists plz restart your kindle
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is the message. Have restarted several times and always get this message.

Have you already connected the Kindle to your wireless signal?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I do that

Does that mean that you are not connected? You must go to Menu/Settings > Wifi, choose your signal, and connect.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have bars at top so I am on

It sounds like you are on. Are you able to access any webpages on the Kindle?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
R u going to call me now
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when will he call. I'm going to bed soon

I am not going to call because I don't make calls. Someone else will.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I access web pages on kindl

On the top of the page, you choose WEB

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the kindle is not registered in my moms name. It doesn't have her name at top. Has"my Kindke"
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
34;My Kindle"

That means you registered it. Go to Menu > settings > and choose to Deregister it. Once that is complete, choose to register it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have but that is when the loop starts. Can u call me

No, I cannot call. Calling will not help. I will opt out and allow someone else to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can u call me tomorrow. 9:00 am central time.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
will someone call me tomorrow.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there Amy. My name is***** am sorry that you have had to wait so long for help. I will do my best to assist you. A phone call is considered to be a Premium Service and incurs an additional charge. I will send you an offer for a call. I can either call you or I can provide detailed instructions to help you get the device registered to your Mom's Amazon/Kindle account. Can you please login to your mother's Kindle account (www.amazon.com.myk) and click on the device tab, then tell me the model and serial number that you see here? That will help me to provide instructions that are tailored to that particular model of Kindle.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If you do not see anything there, then the Kindle is not registered. Please look for a model number or serial number on the back of the device and let me know what you find, then please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

As part of the setup you will need to connect it to the wifi network. Once you are properly connected, you should be able to register it. If you are able to connect to wifi and still get the error message, make sure that you are entering the correct account, information. The username and password ***** the Kindle account will be the same as the username and password ***** your Mother uses to login to Amazon.com.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The software version is Kindle 2.5.8(555370010). Serial no B009A1A01236016C. I have reset to factory defaults. Mom doesn't have Amazon acct that I remember. How can I find out. I may have set one up when I bought this for her but I don't have info.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

She has to have an Amazon account in order to register the device. If she doesn't have one, you'll need to create one for her. Please go to www.amazon.com and click on sign in. next, click on forogt password. Enter in her email address. If she has an account, a link will be sent to her email, allowing her to reset the password. If she doesn't, you can create a new Amazon account for her. Please try this and let me know the results. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She doesnt have an email
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do have an amazon account that has my email. So can I set her up an amazon account and use my email. Can two amazon accounts share one email.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

You can register her Kindle to your Amazon account, yes, but please be aware that is you do this, any purchases that she makes in the Kindle store will be billed to your Amazon account.