Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH MY ACER IT IS AN ICONIA W3-810 SNID

Customer Question

WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH MY ACER
IT IS AN ICONIA W3-810
SNID***********
MNO ZElV4
IC 1754F-ZElV4
FCCID HLZZ4lV4
IT WILL NOT CUT ON AT ALL AND IT IS FULLY CHARGED. IT WAS WORKING LAST EVENING.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Vera and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, does it appear to be completely / electrically dead?

Or is there an indication of power and only that it would not boot? ...or display anything?

Is there a beep when attempting to turn on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No there is no beep when attempting to turn on. It appears to be completely dead, the only indication that I have is that the light comes on when it was on charge.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

I understand Vera and appreciate the post back.

Based on these descriptions and symptom, foremost recommended action would be to change the battery.

This would however be an internal hardware issue.

Would you be comfortable working on the insides of the Acer Iconia W3-810 ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please do not put the charge through until tomorrow if I am satisfied with the solution, no I would not be comfortable with working inside of my Acer at all. I can hardly afford this amount, so I will have to let it die until I have ready funds to take care of the problem. Please let me know where I can take it here in Nashville, TN to get it fixed.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Sorry Vera but my participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

On the "...do not put the charge through until tomorrow..." and other billing & payment concerns, contact Customer Service to have this taken cared of prior to any / all other interactions.

Still, perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** helped shed light on how to change the battery, again thank you very much, How would I contact customer service?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I give Louie a rating of EXCELLENT !!!
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Great Vera!

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.