Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Having hard time understanding how to gp forward with the X4

Customer Question

having hard time understanding how to gp forward with the X4 flash .. do i download files first or attach to truck first?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What files do you wish to download, relating to the X-4 Flash (which I guess is this kind of device:

https://www.amazon.com/SCT-7015-Power-Flash-Programmer/dp/B00J262R9A

?)

If they are update files for the device, then they can presumably be applied with the X-4 device not hooked up to the truck. In fact, unless you have a laptop computer to apply the update files from, you may *have* to have the device not hooked up to the truck, to do the update, if it is the sort of update that has to be run on a computer with the device hooked up to the computer with a cable.

But this isn't a final answer - so let me know if I don't seem to have covered what you need to know, by using the Reply To Expert function, and I will complete the answer properly.